Tuesday 21 May 2013

About Otwituaries

I started writing these poetic obituaries via Twitter on the death of Ernest Borgnine in July 2012. A friend asked if I would gather them together, so I have created this blog as an archive and will post one of the 'old' ones retrospectively every few days till I catch up. New otwituaries will appear here as well as being broadcast via Twitter and Facebook. 

All the Otwituaries are written very quickly on the day their subjects pass away, so are maybe a little lacking in polish, but they are all from the heart. They represent the people who have, in some way, touched my life - actors, sportsmen and women, TV personalities, writers, musicians and explorers. These people are already immortal, and therefore don't need my help, but I hope you enjoy reading the poems all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment